05 Oct Chapters That Comprise General Paper-1 of UGC NET Exam
The UGC Net syllabus for paper 1 consists of the subjects that will be helpful in analysing the candidate’s teaching and research ability, cognitive abilities, general awareness about teaching and learning processes in higher education system.
Go through the exam pattern of UGC NET paper 1 mentioned below:
REASONING (INCLUDING MATHEMATICS)
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
PEOPLE & ENVIRONMENT
|HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM: GOVERNANCE, POLITY & ADMINISTRATION||5|
Below is the Detailed UGC NET 2021 Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching
- Teaching aids
- Evaluation systems.
II. RESEARCH APTITUDE
- Research: Meaning, characteristics and types;
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research Ethics
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
Communication Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
V.REASONING (INCLUDING MATHEMATICAL)
- Number series; letter series; codes
- Relationships; classification.
VI. LOGICAL REASONING
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy — Applied analogy;
- Verbal classification;
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
VII. DATA INTERPRETATION
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
VIII. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
- ICT : meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses;
- General abbreviations and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
IX. PEOPLE AND ENVIRONMENT
- People and environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- Natural hazards and mitigation
X. HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM: GOVERNANCE, POLITY AND ADMINISTRATION
Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India: formal and distance education professional/technical and general education; value education: governance, polity, and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
To strengthen your preparation, Manifold Institute, the best UGC NET online coaching centre in Kerala, has come up with the UGC national eligibility test (net) paper -1 online course. This course has been designed by expert faculty who will provide you with the correct guidance which will help you to gain good score in the exam. UGC NET paper1 online classes by Manifold is the smartest approach to prepare for the net exams and fulfil your dream effortlessly.
Our NET paper 1 coaching comes with a package of printed study materials, mock tests, quizzes, study notes and practice questions. Coming to the topic of current affairs for UGC net exam preparation, our UGC NET exam course is considered one of the best for the same.
Enrol yourself and ensure success!